MRV Communications Inc.
ACCELERATING PACKET OPTICAL CONVERGENCE™ - We Make Networks Smarter
MRV Communications is a global supplier of packet and optical solutions that power the world’s largest networks. MRV products combine innovative hardware with intelligent software to make networks smarter, faster and more efficient. Dedicated to the continued success of our customers, MRV enables service providers, data center operators and large enterprises to cost-effectively evolve their networks to address mission-critical applications, such as high-capacity cloud and data center connectivity, business services, mobile backhaul and the migration to virtualized and programmable networks. Founded in 1988, MRV is headquartered in Southern California with additional research and development facilities outside of Boston and in Israel.
MRV packet and optical product portfolio places the company at the crossroad of key trends
Along with the transformation to packet optical networks, there are four key trends that have been shaping the communications industry:
- Rise of enterprise cloud services and applications that drive more capacity requirements
- Massive traffic growth, dominated by video, that drive increased capacity requirements and transmission speeds
- New business models that are challenging existing network architectures and require lower OPEX
- Customers are demanding more mobility to connect anywhere, anytime, with any device
As a pioneer and technological leader for more than two decades, MRV has been working closely with its customers and partners to deliver world-class packet and optical networking solutions.
We help our customers overcome the challenge of orchestrating the ever-increasing need for capacity while improving service delivery and lowering network costs for critical applications such as cloud connectivity, high-capacity business services, mobile backhaul and data center connectivity.
MRV key differentiators include:
- Cohesive product portfolio delivering end-to-end packet and optical services, unified by a common control and service delivery software
- Outstanding networking heritage of more than two decades with a reputation for experience, expertise and technical know-how that has spawned long-standing relationships with its customers and partners
- Field-proven products that deliver the performance customers require with competitive TCO economics, including over $2 billion of equipment embedded in thousands of mission-critical networks worldwide
- Unparalleled technical knowledge and product understanding across the entire organization, especially among its worldwide dedicated direct sales force and distribution channels