MRV Lends Expertise to Industry-Leading Communications Networking Events Worldwide
MRV OCS to share experience on Carrier Ethernet, cloud computing,mobile backhaul and other topics at events in North America, SouthAmerica and Europe
CHATSWORTH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun. 6, 2012--MRV Communications™, Inc. (OTCQB: MRVC) (MRV), a leading provider ofoptical communications network infrastructure equipment and integrationand managed services, today announced its Optical Communications Systems(OCS) Division will participate in and support several industry-leadingtelecommunications events throughout the month of June, sharing insightand expertise on the latest technological innovations, trends andimplementation options.
“These upcoming industry events, such as the MEF Seminars, IEEE ICC andCIS Conference, bring together the industry’s ‘who’s who,’ allowingleaders to collaborate, interact and discuss current operations trends,issues and techniques. MRV OCS lends its support to these powerfulindustry events year-after-year because they typically render excitingtechnological developments and ideas,” said Zeev Draer, vice presidentof strategic marketing for MRV OCS. “MRV OCS looks forward to sharingits own experience and expertise in the coming weeks for the advancementof communications technology across the globe.”
Just as MRV OCS works with operators to help advance and simplify theirnetworks, the company will join industry experts, scientists, operators,engineers and planners in the following networking events:
- At the North American Network Operators’ Group’s (NANOG) 55th triannual meeting, NANOG55, heldJune 3-6 inVancouver, British Columbia, MRV OCS will host a Power Breakfast at8:30 am PDT and a Morning Break at11:00 am PDT onTuesday, June 5, for attendees.
- Mannix O’Connor, director of technical marketing for MRV’s OCS Division, will present an afternoon session at aMetro Ethernet Forum(MEF) Seminar on Ethernet service assurance and Operations, Administration and Management (OAM) inBogota,Columbiaat4:10 pmCOT onJune 5and at a second MEF seminar inSantiago, Chileat4:10 pmCLT onJune 7. In his session devoted to the management of Carrier Ethernet 2.0, O’Connor will share his insight on OAM standards including the new performance and fault management specifications for monitoring off-net E-Access services.
- At the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers’ (IEEE)International Conference on Communications(ICC), heldJune 10-15inOttawa, Mannix O’Connor will present a middleware and management session onJune 12at2:00 pm EDT, highlighting cloud computing challenges and how to optimize communication links for cloud computing performance.
- OnJune 13at4:15 pm EDTZeev Draer, MRV OCS’ vice president of strategic marketing, will also share his expertise at IEEE ICC in a mobile backhaul infrastructure session where he will discuss the myths, realities and key considerations for building and maintaining synchronization on packet-based mobile backhaul networks. Draer will also present this information at IEEE Romania onJune 21.
- Draer will present at the Carrier Ethernet Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) conference, heldJune 26-28inMoscow, addressing key challenges in Long Term Evolution (LTE) deployments in a session onJune 28at2:00 pm MSK, outlining LTE market drivers and trends, discussing Carrier Ethernet implementation strategies for LTE backhaul, and examining real life solutions for deployment.
- At this year’s Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (WDM) & Next Generation Optical Networking event inMonacoonJune 18-21, MRV OCS customer T-Systems will share its experience deploying WDM solutions for managing feature-rich optical transport with fiber optimization.Jiri Neumann, network planner for T-Systems, will present a session onJune 21at12:50 pm CESTfocused on the evolution of WDM services in theCzech Republic, highlighting key application challenges, benefits and takeaways.
About MRV Communications, Inc.
MRV Communications, Inc.is a leading global provider of carrierEthernet, wavelength division multiplexing optical transport,infrastructure management equipment and solutions, as well as networkintegration and managed services. MRV’s solutions enable the deliveryand provisioning of next-generation optical transport and carrierEthernet services over any fiber infrastructure. MRV provides equipmentand services worldwide to telecommunications service providers,enterprises, and governments, enabling network evolution and increasingefficiency, while reducing complexity and costs. Through itssubsidiaries, MRV operates development centers in North AmericaandEurope, along with support centers and sales offices around the world.For more information about MRV, visit: www.mrv.com.
MRV Simplifies Management for University of New Hampshire’s InterOperability Laboratory through Advanced Test Automation
MRV’s CIO Wins LA Business Journal’s Top Honor